Thursday, August 30, 2012

Greeley

After spending all summer keeping a blog with my buddy Clark about our travels on killersummer.blogspot.com, I thought I ought to keep a blog myself about my own travels.

My dad needed to go on a trip to Alaska to pick up some tractor parts, so we worked it out that we could take the earliest flight out of Vegas, spend the day in Greeley, and then fly out that evening to Anchorage.
Our first visit was with the Buss family. We used to home teach them and they've been a huge support for me in all my endeavors, most recently with my mission. I loved receiving home-made cookies from Sister Buss. Anziano Marzolla loved it too, and I remember I had to get the recipe for her lemon cookies from her to give to him.

This was our old house in Greeley! I haven't been back in 7 years!! It looks about the same except now the lawn is dead, and there's finally a basketball hoop in front of it! There were also still squirrels running around on the telephone wires.

Mr. Vogel! He is definitely one of my favorite teachers of all time. He was my Band teacher all through middle school.




This is the old high school. It's been around for over a hundred years. I had a blast going to Pine View High School in St. George, but as far as the building goes, Greeley Central was definitely a lot cooler. It has three stories, looks like a castle, and even has a courtyard!


I met up with Alyssa Oligmueller at Chili's so that we could catch up, and we ran into our friend Kayla! She's planning to move to Peru for a couple years so I had a fun time talking with her about Peru.


I had a really great time seeing Alyssa!! She's been a best friend for years, and even though we haven't seen each other for such a long time, we've stayed in touch through letter/e-mails/phone calls/text/facebook. Thank goodness for technology! She just got a job at an Italian restaurant so I'm stoked for her.


The Nordhoffs were a family in our old ward. Unfortunately none of the kids were around, but we had a nice visit with Brother and Sister Nordhoff.

The last person we got to see before heading off was Katie McFadden! She has two kids now and they're a lot of fun. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment