Monday, March 18, 2013

Hangzhou (杭州) - modern city

Well, today was a fun opportunity to check out a little of Hangzhou. I've actually only really been to the West Lake once (maybe twice?) since coming here, so I wanted to go there. I was surprised when we all met up to find out that we were actually going somewhere else. When I asked Yena where we were going she said it's a supplies. (I may have heard her wrong).

As it turns out, we went to a really nice part of town that had a lot of modern sculptures and buildings! Pretty cool.


It's a little hard to select photos on here, 
so somehow I accidentally got this random photo of some old dude.



Poorly timed handstand photo. 


Or possibly a poorly executed handstand.


Highlight: There was an outdoor amphitheatre that we found. So of course I climbed down and got on stage. I started singing at the top of my lungs with my roommate Joerg. I think he may have just been singing with a normal voice so it was kind of like I was soloing. I didn't have much a crowd, but as I was leaving I saw some tourists with smiles on their faces that I'm pretty sure had been listening. 
Song choices: Italian hymns, Down to the river to pray, and Oh happy day. (It was Sunday afternoon)


Here's the group! Fun day. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment