Friday, April 26, 2013

Hangzhou Hike!

Last week I finally went on a hike behind the west lake. What was supposed to take just a couple hours took up most of the day, but we had a fun time and made new friends.





Popular hikes in China --- always a paved trail. haha. 



Florian and I decided to forge our own trail. It turns out that avoiding all the switchbacks saves some serious time, and we ended up really far ahead of the group (giving us a nice chance to rest).




At first I took a photo of these guys as a joke, but then I decided to join them! : D













It was a fun hike! At the top there was a buddhist temple, and ice cream! I decided to save my money on the temple entrance fee and buy ice cream instead. haha. (the temple didn't look that cool, whereas the ice cream was very cool. ha)



No comments:

Post a Comment