Friday, October 11, 2013

Hangzhou 杭州 - September visit (part 2)

My entire trip to Hangzhou was fantastic. I should probably go back again soon! 

Here's the rest of the trip: 


Doraemon! Spotted him after church. 


Going for a nice afternoon ride (I LOVE THE WEATHER IN HANGZHOU)



Mike, pulling a MacGyver. 

His rear fender lost a bolt, so he used Liz's hair thing to reattach it to his bike. 

I guess you could see him as MacGyver, or Tony Stark. 
Personally, I think of him as being more of a MacGyver.







We had a pizza party and then dance party over at the Phillips!! It was so fun!


Liz doing girl pushups, or maybe "doing the worm". 


Liz and I trying to do the mini person thing. haha. 



We started playing the ninja game. oh mY!




This was probably the most fun game of lightning I have ever played. The hoop was short so we could dunk it like crazy!!


Mike going for a shot!



Stumbled across this and we had to play. 


Mike is a great chess player. 


It made me pretty frustrated at first. 




Until I started DOMINATING!! hahaha. 


CHECK!


CHECK


MATE!


WHAAAA??????

I had only ever beaten Mike once at chess, and it was on our flight to Italy when we hit turbulence and he accidentally sacrificed his queen. 

Here we had another beautiful moment playing on a giant chessboard in China. 

We've decided that we will only play each other at chess if it's somewhere epic. 



This was awesome. Four person chess. 

I promise I'm not that much of a chess nerd, but this game was seriously a blast. 


Well, that's it for my China trip! I never get enough photos.

It was a ton of fun and I was also able to get a lot accomplished. I didn't put photos here, but I also visited the factory where the bikes are being made for Baseline Bicycles, and I went out to lunch with Dennis and Ellen and had a great time. 

China is a wonderful place and I'm sure I'll be spending lots of time there in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment