Thursday, July 25, 2013

Italy Day 1 - Milano/Padova

Dad got home Saturday evening and we still weren't sure where to go on vacation. Mom took a nap after packing for Panama only to wake up and find out we were headed to Milan! It was funny how long it took us to realize that going to Italy would be the best trip possible. Great food, great sites, great people.

Before flying to Milan, we went down to Houston for my cousin Kayli's birthday party. Glenn picked us up at the airport, we had a fun party (I beat my sister at an Xbox dancing game – doubling her score – but then got beat by my cousin Bethany).  


Made it to Milano, fashion capital of the world. Mom and I immediately started modeling for photos.  


My old companion and close friend Matthew (pronouced: Mattew) came to meet up with us. We had some great pizza and a fun time catching up. My mom asked why we took the trip to Napoli last year when all pizza in Italy is so tasty.  


Milan isn't much of a tourist city, but does have the beautiful Duomo. For me, Italy's Rome and Milan are like China's Beijing and Shanghai. Milan is very business-oriented just like Shanghai.  


“NON LICE”


Victor Reyes, my former Zone Leader in Sicily lives in Milan and was able to meet up to explore a little and get some ice cream. He was my Zone Leader when I was serving with Anziano Destefanis so it was especially fun to have the three of us back together. We just wish that Anziano Acerson could have made it too.  


The Duomo is the fourth largest church in Europe.  


On the tram. 


Getting our first gelato this trip : D


An Arch that Napoleon had built. 


Stopping for a drink


Dragging the suitcases around felt like we were having a transfer day or something. Haha.  


We got passed by a massive group of teenage girls. 
Victor and I had to hold Matthew back from chasing after them.  





Pizza for lunch, Pizza for dinner. Day = Success.  





No comments:

Post a Comment