Monday, July 29, 2013

Italy Day 4 - Cinque Terre

Today we went to Cinque Terre!! We knew it would be like the Amalfi coast, so we were very excited and had our swimsuits ready.  


Street performers. ...well, more like people sitting on the street. We thought that this was an original idea until we started seeing the same thing in other cities.  


Going to the Pisa train station to catch the train to Monterosso


We made it! : D


Monterosso is like the resort city of the five towns. 
There were tons of umbrellas and a long, sandy beach. 


We really love gelato.  


We loved the leaning tower of Pisa so much that we started holding out our hands for everything we could find. Unfortunately it's not always easy to line up with the background.  


Vernazza. This was my second favorite of the five towns.  


Turns out Lia made it on the trip with us!!






Intense shower photo. 


Vernazza from above. 


Town #2, Corniglia. 



Corniglia is on top of a hill. We stopped for a rest on the hike down. There are 365 steps - one for each day of the year. 


Manarola!!! I love this town. It was the most beautiful (if you ask me), and it also had the best swimming!! There were rocks to jump off and it was tons of fun. 


(seriously we love Pisa, and we love posing with stuff now)


I love Manarola!!



Great photo except I don't know what that big white thing is on my arm..


There was a jellyfish in the water so some guy asked me to help catch it with a piece of litter. It made me pretty nervous, but I got it. haha. 




Focaccia was invented between Cinque Terre and Genova. Pesto also originates from this region. We hit two birds with one stone and got Focaccia with pesto on it. Delizioso!


Trail to the top of Riomaggiore


Riomaggiore, the last town of the five. 



Then it was time to head home. 


These girls we met on the train from Milano to Padova. They had a place to stay in Venice, and we talked to them for awhile about there plans and where they're from and everything. They are from Taiwan, and we figured out that they planned there vacation almost exactly how we did! When we said goodbye we said we'll see you around, and then we actually ran into them in Cinque Terre!! Pretty awesome.

We also ran into my friend from BYUH, Clarissa Blanco, except I didn't see her and I guess she saw me and wasn't sure if it was me so she didn't say anything!! So that's why there's no photo with her, but I guess she saw us on the train at Cinque Terre.

I think we still like the Amalfi coast more, but Cinque Terre is another beautiful coastline in Italy.  


1 comment: