Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hong Kong - Day 3

My third day in Hong Kong was like my day in Hong Kong as a local. I spent the whole day hanging out with Deborah and Ivan and it was awesome!!! 


All packed up and ready to go!



We met up with Ivan to head over to Cheung Chau Island. It's the most chill island in the world and it's also super cheap to go there because it's more of a place where locals go hang out.





Chillin' in a temple


Peace bun!


So first they ask me "Ray, do you like mochi?" 

"I love mochi!!!"

"Do you like mango?"

"I love mangoes!!"

Then we went and ate mochi with fresh mango in the middle!! It was so good. 


This is seriously the most chill island in the world. It's super small so you can walk across it in no time, it has great food, and there's some guy on the island who makes all kinds of ukuleles! This one is made out of bamboo. The shop owner was excited that I was able to play a few songs while we were hanging out.  



Chicken! This is one of the best chicken places in Hong Kong! It's delicious!




You can't come to Hong Kong without riding an old double-decker tram, so we went for a ride as part of ending the night. They're a little slow, but super cheap. 



That's it! Hong Kong was awesome. I'm super lucky to have made such cool new friends there and have a good time checking the place out. Most of the people I met in Hong Kong definitely don't realize how cool there city is, but I guess that's how locals are just about everywhere. I think that's why everyone should move to somewhere they can enjoy more than their home!

I slept that night in the Hong Kong airport, then flew to Chicago, over to Las Vegas, and then took a midnight shuttle up to St. George. Then I showered, made a fire, cooked up a frozen pizza, watched some T.V., and by 7 A.M. I was on another shuttle to get me up to my grandparents' house. What a great Christmas! :D





No comments:

Post a Comment