Monday, December 23, 2013

Tokyo (last day in Japan)



We met up with Manri and went to visit some of the sites around Tokyo.


So you shake this up, pull out a stick with a number, and then from that number you pick out your fortune. 


Mike's was "SMALL FORTUNE" mine was "THE HIGHEST MOST EXCELLENT FORTUNE" and Manri's was "BAD FORTUNE"

Hahaha, it's okay though because Manri tied hers to a pole and that's how she leaves behind the bad luck. 





I think it's good luck to put the smoke on your or something


Sometimes a great picture gets ruined by putting someone in front of it. The next photo is of the same stream, but with me in front of it: 






The Imperial Palace. 


Love these trees. 


Had to visit the Pokemon center in Tokyo. It's mostly just a store for Pokemon stuff, but that was actually pretty cool to check out anyway. 





Denny's! Mike loves breakfast food. Denny's Japan is a lot different than Denny's in the states though. The only breakfast food was on the bottom of the last page: three pancakes. 

I had steak. It was delicious.


That's it! Tokyo was fun, but now it was time to move on. I said goodbye to Mike and Manri. Who knows what country we'll see each other in next!


I hope to see you again too, Japan! I guess I've come two years in a row now. I sure love Japan. This trip definitely reinforced my desires to learn Japanese and live in Japan for awhile someday. 

Next stop: Guam.

No comments:

Post a Comment