Monday, December 23, 2013

To Tokyo!

Today was a travel day from Kyoto to Tokyo. It...was a long bus ride to say the least. I left sometime in the morning like at 9 or so and didn't get to Tokyo until 7pm. 



I think one of the big things that slowed us down is that we took a lot of stops, and they were all pretty long I thought. 


Overall I guess I enjoyed the ride. I hadn't really slept enough and so I needed some more, plus they had Batman Begins in English. I also tried watching an entire anime movie in Japanese...it was exciting at first. It was like I would hear a bunch of japanese then "sumimasen" then a bunch of random japanese, then "arigato gozaimas" then a few sentences later maybe a "watashi wa" or something else. 

Haha, then I got bored and fell asleep some more. 


Made it to Tokyo!! I found Mike with Riki (the friend of Mike's mom who helped hook us up with everyone in the other cities), and his daughter Manri. 

We then met up with Trevor (next to Mike in the photo), who was our host for the night. We went out to dinner with him and had a really great time chatting. He has a lot of interesting things about him. For example, he's the only Puritan I've ever met! He also has a job that puts him in Japan three months a year (one in spring, one in summer, one in winter). Anyway, it was a really good experience meeting him and we got a good night's sleep. 

One more thing. I came across these gems from Mike's day in Tokyo without me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment