Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Singapore - Day 1

Singapore is one of those four Asian tigers that has seen a lot of economic success. One of my reasons for visiting Singapore was actually because I wanted to check out if it was somewhere I'd like to live someday since I know there are a lot of job opportunities there. 

Of course, I had literally just finished my finals at school so I definitely came here to have a good time.





Everyone told me to make sure I try the chicken rice while in Singapore. It was great! I actually prefer the chicken rice in Thailand, but they had that here too! One of the nice things about Singapore is that you get a great culinary experience of the whole region in one city. 


Me and Chappy, my host in Singapore. He grew up in Singapore but his parents are originally from Hong Kong. He definitely likes people to see more of the realities of Singapore, so even though we saw all this street art and other cool stuff, we also went through some back alleys and some of the red light district type stuff in Singapore too. 




I love the building numbers. 


Hahaha, I thought this sign was great. "temporary inconvenience" yeah, just until 2017. haha. 

So after dinner I decided to have some carrot cake. 


no, not that carrot cake! 



This carrot cake...yeah...not exactly what I was expecting. It was edible, but definitely not a dessert. !!

If you want to see the video of my time in Singapore, click on the link below::










No comments:

Post a Comment