Friday, April 25, 2014

Tioman Island - Day 2

Another day in paradise. 

I have to admit though: the sleeping situation was not paradise. hahaha. Throughout the night I would cover myself up with a blanket to protect me from mosquitoes, and then I would uncover myself to cool off, and then cover myself up again because I was being bitten by so many mosquitoes. 


I ended up sleeping in a little because I didn't actually sleep much during the night and I had to catch up on sleep in the morning when the mosquitoes weren't so bad. haha. 



Monitor lizard. They were all over.  


So in the video you can see this better, but I went on a hike to monkey bay which was pretty cool. Then I got offered a ride in a water taxi back to Salang (the beach where I stay), which was even cooler. The hike was super sweaty and I was happy to have an alternate way to get back. 



Swam out to this platform and chilled. It was super nice. 



This is actually the next morning, but here's the crew!


Tioman island is one of those places that you go for relaxing vacation and stay for 10 days or even a few weeks. The couple from Italy/USA (Eugenio and Katie) had done just that. They planned to go around Malaysia but instead decided to spend all their time (I think 13 days) in Tioman. I was pretty tempted to stay there longer, but there's too much of the world to see and I'm too young and full of energy to hang out in one place for too long. 

Here's a short video of Tioman Day 2: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5-9nD4hLXg&feature=youtu.be



No comments:

Post a Comment