Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tioman Island - Day 1

Tioman Island is pretty much the closest Malaysian Island you can get to from Singapore. Time magazine rated it as one of the world's most beautiful islands. I was excited to get out there and check it out for myself.


On the boat ride out. In this photo the water is already clean, but it was pretty interesting to see how dirty the water was when we were close to Malaysia and then how it progressively got cleaner as we went along (2 hour boat ride).

We also passed many other islands along the way. 


....this makes me miss Japan 


Everyone had their cameras and phones out to take pictures


This was a snapchat that I decided to just save on my phone and not send to my friends. I didn't want to make everyone too jealous. haha. 


It reminded me of the Amalfi coast in that it's one of those places you really have to go see in person to fully appreciate all the beautiful shades of blue there are. 


In the water you can see all the way down to the coral. Without even putting on a mask it's like you're snorkeling. 


My host, Joanna, is on the far right. In the middle are new friends that I made who went there to dive. Next to me is Tony, Akhil, Eugenio, Katie, and then Joanna. 


We all went out for dinner together. The dinner conversation was amazing. Especially Tony seemed to know a lot about just about everything and it was really really interesting just sitting there and listening to everyone talk. I'm usually a pretty talkative guy and would consider my background pretty interesting, but in this circle I just wanted listen to everybody else. It was really awesome. 

To see a video I made of day 1, click on the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6-5DKhoYA&feature=youtu.be



No comments:

Post a Comment