Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Singapore - Day 2

For day two I was on my own during the day because Chappy had classes, but I had contacted the Singapore YSA so I could join them for FHE that night. 


First stop: Haw Par Villa



It's free, it's crazy, and I think it would be a really great place to play hide and seek. 


So apparently if you get a photo together with your wife in front of these 9 dragons then you will definitely have a son. I'm not married, but I know I will want a son, so I posed in a way that I can edit her in later. : D

The guy who created this place was also one of the creators of Tiger Balm, that great stuff that everyone uses on their mosquito bites in Taiwan. 



One of his clever advertising methods was to drive around in this car that looks like a tiger. 



Hell, yeah, I guess I should go check it out. 






As I was looking at this depiction of the first court of hell, I thought it was kind of funny that they were missing the bridge for all the sinners that I guess they slip off and fall into a river of hot oil or something crazy like that. 



As I was walking later along a fragile bridge, I realized that they had conveniently given the bridge to us in a life-size model so we could all experience it. 




The merlion! Every city needs something to help your friends on facebook recognize where you've been, and the merlion is the most recognizable symbol of Singapore. 



So this was pretty cool. First I see all these kids photos and think to myself, why do they have these on display outside? That's funny... I guess I'll take a photo. 

Next thing I know I turn around and see this::


They totally brought the kids drawing to life!!

....if only I had grown up in Singapore. 


Trying to capture how big the open area of the mall here..you kind of have to be there. 


Gardens by the bay. Singapore spent a ton of money to build these weird trees. 





These leaves would make for some nice umbrellas. 



I love this: A photo of a guy taking a photo of a girl taking a selfie. 


The missionaries gave a great FHE lesson about Christ. 


This is the group! I had a really fun time in Singapore but I knew there wouldn't be much going on during the week anyway so I was excited to go on to Malaysia the next day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment